Thank you to all who attended our 11th Annual General Meeting. This year was the first year the Association held it’s AGM via ZOOM. We reviewed our accomplishments and sponsored events of 2020 and held our annual election welcoming a new volunteer board of directors.
We would like to send a huge thank you to exiting board directors, Mark Petersen, Susan Macfarlane, Adam Nephin, Dean Tester, and Marie-Pierre Theoret-Pilon for all of their hard work and time committed towards furthering the organization’s progress.
Your 2021 VegOttawa Association Board of Directors:
Director | President
Director | Vice President
NATHALIE C. HOULE
Director | Secretary
Director | Treasurer
Director | Membership Coordinator
Director | Social Media
2020 ACCOMPLISHMENTS & EVENTS REVIEWED AT THE AGM
- Sponsored IVFF (International Vegan Film Festival) screening of 4 short films at Copper Branch Barrhaven.
- Hosted Dr. Greger speaking tour, “How Not To Diet” @Algonquin Commons Theatre | March 9
- Member Draws! Gave away gift cards to some of our favorite local plant-based businesses including Saaboon, Copper Branch, Cinnaholic, Gabrielle Peterka Hair Co., The Table
- Donation to Feline Cafe gofundme | COVID help
- Donation to Chickpeas ‘Pay It Forward’ providing 25 meals to health care workers | COVID help
- Donation to NutritionFacts.org (VegOttawa Association added to supporter wall as “Champions”
- Sponsored IVFF event – We Animals Media screening of 5 short films with live Q&A (J. McArthur, K. Guerin)
- Sponsored IVFF Virtual Festival 2020| Over 25 vegan-themed films shown
- Melanie Boudens online cooking class | Pass giveaway to lucky VegOttawa members
- Sara Galipeau online Meal Prep workshop | Pass giveaway to lucky VegOttawa members
- Holiday Prize basket giveaway x 3 | vegan items and gift cards valued at $250+
- Donated 300 Tofurky roasts to fulfill Ottawa Food Bank request for people in need of plant based holiday meals
- Zengarry Veganuary recipe ebook & product discount provided to VegOttawa members
- Melanie Boudens online cooking class #2 | Pass giveaway to lucky VegOttawa members
- Added Ottawa Vegan & Vegan Friendly Business Directory to website
- Added Vegan Transition help page to website
- Added new discount offerings: Sea Glass Films & Photography, Gabrielle Peterka Hair Salon, Hippie Mylk, Van Tran Photography, Wuxly Movement (increased discount from 10% to 20%)
On behalf of the organization, thank you to all association members for your continued support. We can’t wait to see you all live and in person sooner than later.