Your VOA membership can now be done through the digital membership app, Cardskipper!
This will make it easier for you to keep track of all current discounts and provide an easier way to renew your membership every 12 months.
Why Join – Member benefits
- Local Discounts! – VOA works with local businesses to secure discounts for its members at a growing number of vegan and vegan friendly local businesses. Check out our VegOttawa Association Partnered Businesses to see all of the discounts you can get with your VOA membership!
- Prizes! – Frequent draws for VOA members will give many opportunities to win back the total membership cost with a single draw.
- Making life easier for you – VOA is working for you to identify and increase the number of businesses that accommodate vegan/ plant-based diets in the Ottawa area. Take a look at our Vegan and Vegan Friendly Business Directory to see some of what is on offer locally now!
- Be heard – With a large membership base VOA can act as a representative voice in Ottawa and the National Capital Region, reaching more people by participating in expos, drawing attention to important issues, sharing relevant information, etc.
- Events – We offer a range of fun and informative events including bbqs, potlucks, screenings, fundraisers, guest speakers and more! Most of our events are free for VegOttawa Association members!
- Resources – We provide access to credible resources and peer support related to a plant-based lifestyle. Check out our business directory, podcasts, book recommendations, vegan youtube channel recommendations, vegan health care professionals and more.
- Community – Join our Facebook Group for suggestions and recommendations from Ottawa’s experienced long time vegans and plant-based eaters. What have you been struggling with? It’s likely that many of your new veg friends have been there before and can offer some helpful perspectives or even just a great restaurant recommendation.
Membership is open to anyone. The annual cost is $22.50. There are no responsibilities associated with membership, although members are welcome to attend our Annual General Meeting, if they so wish!
Note: The price of an annual membership card has been increased as of June 1, 2021 from $20 to $22.50 to cover administrative costs related to the card.
Purchase your VegOttawa Association membership via square,
(*IF YOU ARE BUYING ONE OR MORE CARDS AS GIFTS FOR OTHERS THEN PLEASE ADD THEIR NAMES AND EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE “OPTIONAL NOTES” FIELD THAT POPS UP AFTER YOU ENTER YOUR PAYMENT CARD INFO. THANK YOU!!)
Purchase your VegOttawa Association membership via etransfer by sending your etransfer for $22.50 to: email@example.com
(Enter the above address^ in your banking software as “recipient”)
Please include the Name & Email Address of all members you are purchasing cards for in the NOTES field so we can get the cards in the right hands and let you know when they are due for renewal!
(If your banking software does not allow you to include additional notes or requires a password, please send an email with the details mentioned in bold above.)
Currently, the card entitles members to the following discounts:
MORE DISCOUNTS ON THE WAY!!
If you are a business owner and would like to partner with VegOttawa and offer a discount to members, or if you are a VegOttawa member and have a suggestion for an addition to our list, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please present your card at restaurants and businesses before ordering or making your purchase. Businesses reserve the right to apply the discount only to the cardholder. Please check with your server prior to ordering.
VegOttawa encourages you to check with your server to ensure items are vegetarian or vegan. VO is not responsible for ensuring that food items do not contain animal products.
VegOttawa Association is operated entirely by volunteers. We need membership revenues and donations to continue creating fun and informative veg events as well as educating the public on the benefits of plant-based eating for our health, for the health of our planet, as well as promoting the importance of animal and human compassion.