VegOttawa Association is operated entirely by volunteers, which means volunteer support is always needed! Volunteers are the backbone of everything we do, and we welcome new volunteers throughout the year. If you are interested in volunteering please complete the application at the bottom of the page. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Volunteer Events Coordinator
This position is ideal for an outgoing individual who is passionate about promoting, supporting and inspiring a vegan lifestyle. This commitment requires approximately 6+ hours per month.
- Creating and maintaining a list of potential tabling events for VegOttawa such as community events, festivals, markets and more;
- Creating and maintaining a list of conferences and online events for VegOttawa Board & Volunteers to consider attending;
- Communicating with event hosts and inquiring for non-profit table discounts;
- Assisting at events as required;
Volunteer Collaboration Coordinator
- Creating and maintaining an outreach list of potential VegOttawa partners including Societies, Associations, Social Communities, Festivals, News Agencies, Politicians, Influencers and others.
- Assist the president in the creation of a VegOttawa Coalition including tasks such as:
- Speaker and attendee outreach
- Google forms creation
- Research current City of Ottawa policies
Volunteer Content Creator
VegOttawa Association is looking for volunteer content creators to support our online presence. Multiple opportunities are available to help us contribute to our Facebook pages (VegOttawa Main and VegOttawa Public), Instagram and Website Blog. This is a great opportunity to contribute and promote a vegan lifestyle! New volunteers will contribute 2-3 hours per week in sharing their unique perspectives and ensure posts are active and engaging.
- Source, develop, create and post content across social media platforms with input from the VegOttawa Board and members.
- Ensure content remains relevant and up to date; seek out fresh and unique content in the spirit of continuous optimization of VegOttawa’s online presence, as well as posts to drive membership and promote the value of a being a VegOttawa Association member.
- Encourage and facilitate online discussions on various topics important to VegOttawa such as vegan products, businesses, news, events, new developments, etc.
Intermediate knowledge of social media platforms and/or WordPress is preferred.
Volunteer Blog Writer
This position is ideal for someone looking for a casual position, who is able to take a few notes and create a 500-750 word blog. Open to high-school students looking to secure their volunteer hours.
- Write 500-750 word blog posts using direction from VegOttawa board;
- Share blog posts on social media, expanding VegOttawa’s reach.
VegOttawa volunteers gain valuable experience, meet like-minded people, and support VegOttawa’s work to promote plant-based lifestyles in the Ottawa area! If you are interested in volunteering with VegOttawa, please fill out our volunteer application form below, and we will contact you with more information.