These scones are fluffy and fragrant, slightly sweet with fresh bursts of blueberry and a hint of lemon. With the help of Bisquick, this recipe comes together in a snap.
Easy Blueberry Lemon Scones
Makes 6-8 scones
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 2 tbsp sugar (organic cane sugar, sucanat, coconut sugar, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance or other vegan margarine (chilled/not melted)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice (almond, soy, rice, hemp or oat)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix Bisquick, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut in the Earth Balance or margarine until the mixture is crumbly. There should be no large pieces of Earth Balance left.
- Next, add the non-dairy milk, vanilla extract and lemon zest, stirring to combine. Add the blueberries and stir gently.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batter onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the scones are a light golden brown.
- For extra sweetness, create a glaze by mixing 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp water and 1/4 cup vegan icing sugar together in a small bowl. Brush the scones with the glaze immediately after removing them from the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve warm.