Before I tell you all about this recipe, let me introduce myself! My name is Holly and I run a Vegan Food Blog called Stunningly Plant-Based. I was born and raised here in Ottawa, and I have been vegan for the last 10 years. My goal is to showcase the simplicity of living a plant-based lifestyle that is easy and attainable for anyone! I have always been passionate about health, so a year ago I decided to work toward becoming a Registered Nutritionist. I want to provide even more valuable information to my readers about the health benefits of plant-based eating. Join me to explore all the delicious and nutritious ingredients this beautiful earth has to offer!
This Vegan Roasted Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing is packed with flavour and nutrition! Perfect for a potluck, or a summer side dish.
Summer is officially here! Bring on the warm days, picnics, and time spent with family and friends. Today I am showing you how to make a salad perfect for this time of year. This Vegan Roasted Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing is full of colourful veggies, satisfying crunch, and a deliciously creamy dressing.
What’s great about this recipe is that it is completely customizable. If you don’t have the ingredients listed below, try some of these alternatives:
- Want to use up the leftover veggies in your fridge? Roast them up and toss them with your go-to crunchy greens.
- Millet gives this salad a little extra bulk and texture. If you don’t have millet, good alternatives can be quinoa or couscous.
- Sprinkled on top are crunchy roasted chickpeas, these can be subbed out and replaced with various seeds such as roasted sunflower seeds.
- The tahini dressing can be made sweeter by adding more agave or maple syrup.
I can’t forget to mention that this delicious bowl is a nutrition powerhouse. It contains loads of fibre, various vitamins and minerals, protein, some iron, and antioxidants.
How to Make this Vegan Roasted Vegetable Salad with Tahini Dressing:
Roasted Chickpeas Ingredients:
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of Kale
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1-2 Beets
- 1 Green or Yellow Zucchini
- 1 cup of Millet
Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 1-2 tbsp Agave or Maple Syrup
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 3 tbsp of Water
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and toss in a bowl with oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper until they are well coated. Distribute onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables by slicing them into thin discs and then again into halves. The beets should be the thinnest as they take the longest to cook. Aim for ½ cm or less.
- Distribute the vegetables onto a separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place both the vegetables and the chickpeas in the oven side by side on the middle rack. Remove the chickpeas after 15 minutes and the vegetables after 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- As the vegetables and chickpeas are cooking prepare the millet according to package instructions. Set aside and let cool.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and let cool. Adding the vegetables to the salad when they are too hot will soften the kale.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the tahini, agave, lemon juice, and water.
- Finally, assemble all the ingredients in a large salad bowl, leaving the roasted chickpeas until last to retain their crunch.
Tip: Massaging the kale for 3 minutes with some olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt will enhance the flavour and reduce bitterness.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and I can’t wait for the opportunity to share even more plant-based dishes with you!