VegOttawa is committed to raising awareness and providing resources for vegans and transitioning vegans throughout their journey to improving personal health, protecting the environment and ending animal exploitation. However, we can only do this with the help of volunteers. As a non-profit we are operated entirely by a team of dedicated board members, advisors and volunteers who generously donate their time to our organization. VegOttawa Association is looking to find a Vice President & Treasurer for our board!
As a volunteer board member you will gain valuable experience, meet like-minded people, and support VegOttawa’s work to promote plant-based lifestyles in the Ottawa area! This is a great opportunity for Ottawa residents who are passionate about growing veganism in the nation’s capital. No experience is necessary and, although Board Members are expected to be dependable and have enough time to contribute, the specific time commitment can vary depending on your own availability. On average our board volunteers between 2-5 hours per week.
The ideal candidates should:
- be able to commit to a one-year term as director
- be living a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle
- be able to volunteer approx. 2-5 hours per week
- be able to attend the majority of the VegOttawa’s monthly meetings with other Board Members (time mutually decided on by all board members) and respond to e-mails in a timely manner
Vice-President Role Description:
- monitor email and reply to inquiries in a prompt manner;
- acts as the President in his or her absence;
- is responsible for coordination of the Volunteer Committee including overseeing the social media team (including reviewing strategy, goals & content calendar);
- and assists president in creating strategic development campaigns.
Treasurer Role Description:
- monitor treasurer email and reply to inquiries in a prompt manner;
- oversees the finances and budget of the Association;
- keeps full and accurate accounting records of all receipts and disbursements;
- under the direction of the Board, controls the deposit of money, the safekeeping of securities and the disbursement of the funds of the Association;
- renders to the Board an account of all transactions and of the financial position of the Association upon request by the Board;
- prepares or ensures that the Annual Financial Statement is prepared in accordance with applicable laws; and
- liaises with an Auditor if required.
If you are interested in joining the VOA board, please email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!
Notice: As per the VegOttawa Association non-profit bylaws, board members must be a member in good standing of VegOttawa Association. Membership is $20 and is considered a financial investment in the organization. Previous membership not a necessity and purchasing a membership will only be required by the selected candidate.